Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:53:33 -0400
From:         BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Why we do it.....

I just plugged in my laptop here at a campground between Reading and Allentown, PA. I camped here because I went to the Deutche Classic car show today. (Thanks Chris for the suggestion!) my email was bombarded by the Subi thread. Good stuff and we've read it all before. I even enjoyed the rant how we're on borrowed time and these are just "tools" that will soon be obsolete.

Hmmmm. This I my third camping trip this summer with my 3 year old and one of hundreds of camping trips since I bought my 83.5 back in '96. I have a beautiful site here overlooking the mountains and I am reminded once again why I own this thing. I love this van and can't think of any vehicle I'd rather own for a daily driver and camping vehicle. Beats me what I'll put in the back when the engine blows but for now and for the years past I've really enjoyed this van. Sure, I've spent plenty of money maintaining it but when I look around this campsite at all these 100K behemoth campers I have not even come close to what they've spent. Matter of fact, looking at some of these popup trailers I think even they have spent more than me.

I love camping and each time the evening winds down and I'm sitting outside my Westy enjoying a cold beverage I'm always in a good mood. I plan to keep doing this as long as I can. I have almost 20 years of photos from camping in VW buses and I've got a few more from this weekend.

Bryan