Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 Jul 2007 09:25:36 -0700
From:         neil <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Inside a Subi engine EJ22
Comments: To: Benny boy <huotb@videotron.ca>

Personally I thought the pics comparing the Suby block to the WBX were pretty cool. But I understand that this isn't a Subaru site.

The good news is that Benny's site is only a click away. Those on this list that are interested in Ben's stuff can easily find his site with it's excellent pics/documentaries/comments and all round' great info.

Ben, you are truly doing a great service to the Vanagon community. And given the fetid videos/pics I've tried my hand at, well, I can honestly say I appreciate how much EXTRA work you go through to provide help to others. And expert help at that. And FREE of charge too!

Just my .02 and giving credit where it's due.

Cheers,

Neil.

-- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia.

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil

On 7/15/07, Benny boy <huotb@videotron.ca> wrote: > Hey, sorry if i have offended some in anyway! most of you know that i like > to share! that's it! So if you want me to stop posting stuff (like i was > almost ready to share how to put back a 2.2L together with conversion > part...) about Subi, i will stop. I'm NOT trying to sell anything here, i > never did, i live way to far for most of guys :-) > > Like i always did with my site, I try to show stuff for the "do-it yourself > one", for the others, at least they can understand a bit how it's done so > they don't get rip-off. > > I like engine stuff and that is the way I am, i sincerely understand that a > 1000-2000$ van may not be a good candidate for a 6k+ conversion, i'm not > stupid. But what i was trying to explain with my poor English is that we are > going this way very soon, even if you fully rebuilt your Wasser and with > everything around this one you may get close to that. > > But i have no time neither the energie lately to argue with anyone here > about a subject that i personaly find very interesting, i won't go on a Subi > list because i have no need to do so. > > Also, of what i know, Vanaru customers don't come from this list... second, > i'm not Vanaru! i'm just having fun lately with that type of engine. > > Now, i should add TIICO to that page (that i work my butt off): > http://www.benplace.com/conversions2.htm > Because even if i'm no fan of VW engine, TIICO is far more better than a > Wasser-Boxer. > > I'm NO pro Subi at all, i'm more a "PRO OF" keeping those van on the road > (especially with the rusty Quebec van condition), and sadly, some of you > forgot the 1000's of post i did over the years about the OEM engine and the > van itself, a few years ago i would have quit this list, but i find that > there is very cool and nice folks here. > > Anyway, P-mail me if you interested of seing that rebuilt-subi/conversion > page, i won't post about Subi here anymore, i got the message loud and clear. > > Ben > http://www.benplace.com/vw2.htm >