Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jul 2007 09:36:49 -0500
From:         Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: GMC Motorhomes - Friday - NVC

Yeah they are front wheel drive. I guess that was quite a thing in 1973 that a motor home was front wheel drive.

I thought they were pretty cool - they have character.

On 7/20/07, Justin Mayrand <jmayrand@metrocast.net> wrote: > > A client of mine was (in the past) President of the GMC Motorhome club. If > I ever need to "upgrade" the van, this is what I will get. Very well > designed, front-wheel drive via big-block GM engine, easy and cheap to work > on, and full-featured. > > > ------------------------------------------ > > Justin M. Mayrand > > Mayrand Computer Services > > justin@mayrandcomputer.com > > (603) 817-7572 > > On Jul 20, 2007, at 10:04 AM, Jeff Lincoln wrote: > > A little back ground before I get to the topic. > > > It is that time of year here in Port Huron, MI when our population swells > by > tens of thousands of people because of the annual Port Huron to Mackinac > sail boat race. It's quite the party every year - starting Wednesday with > the "Blue Water Parade" (which was rained out this year), on Thursday with > "Family Night" along the river - Friday is "Boat Night" the streets are > closed off for a few blocks and basically the town has one hell of a party > - > used to be a drunken bash but that has calmed some in the last 6-10 years, > sail boats leave early Saturday morning. It's a nice time of year lots of > food, music, and interesting people. > > > Ok so what does this have to do with GMC Motor Homes? Well, there is some > recently cleaned up land here in the city. A local philanthropist has > dumped > Millions hoping to help revitalize the downtown area. It's great. Part of > the land appears to be hosting a campout of all these cool 1970's GMC > Motorhomes - like this: http://www.bethunesales.com/special_01.htm They > are > in all kinds of colors and various conditions, Awnings, Window screens, > modifications, names painted on the sides, vanity plates, etc. I mention > this because they remind me so much of us Vanagon people. I talked to a > few > and they are equally passionate about their vehicles. Nice people and cool > to see here in our city. I've never really noticed those RV's before. > Apparently they were produced between 1973 and 1978. They are kind of neat > - > Not a VW Bus or Westy but the folks who own them are sort of a kindred > spirit. They have CLubs and the whole thing as well. > > > I also found them interesting because they aren't near the monstrosities > you > see made now - but are much cooler. Then again I'm sure they aren't > environmentally friendly at all - Big Olds V8 engines in them. > > > Oh well still neat to see - thought I'd share. > > > -- > Thanks, > > > Jeff > 90' Carat (It's Blue, It's Beautiful. Now sporting a very unstylish brown > interior taken from the parts bus) > 86' (We call this one Parts) > 85' GL (Sidelined and feeling neglected) > > >