Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:52:35 -0700
From:         mike <mwmiller@CWNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Veggie Oil Westy in CDN Globe & Mail
Comments: To: Allen Hill <route66rider@knology.net>

Interesting. Not the Feds, a State. I guess the attitude would have made sense in the old days in California when gas tax was actually used, by law, for highways.

Still the same law on the books here but the state government has been borrowing [read stealing] it for years to balance the budget so the roads don't get fixed. Then they want us to pass bonds to fix the roads.

Maybe I'd vote for a bond to build a prison for all the legislators and governors that voted/signed legislation to break the law. Darn big bond that would be.

Mike