Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:40:18 -0600
From:         Tom Buese <tombuese@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Anybody use one of these?
Comments: To: Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>

On Jul 20, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Michael Elliott wrote:

> I had one of the Cabelas-branded shower/privies and found it heavy, > bulky, and a hassle to set up and break down. I looked at the unit > you're asking about, but I don't like vinyl (find it creepy, > stinky, and > it is heavy) and didn't see any reason to get the inside rear of > the van > wet.

I believe that it has an interior wall between the interior of the van & the privy to avoid splashing the inside of the van, which is what gives you privacy in the 1st place?

> I now use an Outback Porta-Privy (also sold by Cabelas, > http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/pod/0032659.shtml ) and like it a lot. > Pops up quickly, breaks down quickly, packs small.

But it looks like a military installation? > > Neither the original Cabelas nor the Porta-Privy are tall enough nor > structurally sound enough to use a heavy hot bag of water in.

That's what appears to be good about the other outfit-it attaches to your hatch, allowing the shower to sit on it or hang from it?

The creepy, stinky vinyl? outfit appears to be the same material as vanagon tilts-looks very Vanagonesque? & it's German! Gotta be better?

Tom B.-please don't send nakid pics showing how it works "peachy".