Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:24:06 -0700
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Anybody use one of these?
Comments: To: Tom Buese <tombuese@comcast.net>

Tom Buese typed: > > On Jul 20, 2007, at 1:12 PM, Michael Elliott wrote: > >> I had one of the Cabelas-branded shower/privies and found it heavy, >> bulky, and a hassle to set up and break down. I looked at the unit >> you're asking about, but I don't like vinyl (find it creepy, stinky, and >> it is heavy) and didn't see any reason to get the inside rear of the van >> wet. > > I believe that it has an interior wall between the interior of the van & > the privy to avoid splashing the inside of the van, which is what gives > you privacy in the 1st place?

Right -- that would be the "privacy panel" mentioned on the site.

> >> I now use an Outback Porta-Privy (also sold by Cabelas, >> http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/pod/0032659.shtml ) and like it a lot. >> Pops up quickly, breaks down quickly, packs small. > > But it looks like a military installation?

I keep a Doppler radar in mine when not showering.

But it's better-looking than this dorky-looking thing:

http://tinyurl.com/yrvyr3

That said, those Paha Que shower enclosures can be had with bathtub-like floor enclosures to control gray water. And they have this interesting (backordered) Power Shower rechargable pump/heater thingie "...This compact, pressurized water system is solar-heated battery-powered, and requires no fuel. And it gives you a full five gallons of heated water for a shower or bath. Also great for doing the dishes, cleaning outdoor gear, or just about anything else where you need good, warm water."

http://tinyurl.com/yvdv59

> The creepy, stinky vinyl? outfit appears to be the same material as > vanagon tilts-looks very Vanagonesque? & it's German! Gotta be better?

What's "Vanagon tilts"?

> > Tom B.-please don't send nakid pics showing how it works "peachy".

Whew -- caught me just in time.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR