Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jul 2007 18:23:37 -0700
From:         neil <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      PIC of my Dometic mod. Opinions needed! --- :^)

Hi all.

The subject is somewhat misleading, as it's obviously not completed. But I'm close!

(just a 3" inch hole at bottom of sink unit to cut, trim up the pieces to fit clamp on a filter and I'm on my way!)

This pic:

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil/iWeb/Site%205/Fan.html

shows temp position of intake fan. Fan is plastic as is funnel piece.

Although nearly impossible to shed an opinion online.....

How hot does the coolant tube and fins get? i.e. will heat from either or both melt the plastic of fan and/or funnel?

If so does this pose a fire risk?

I promise I won't hold anyone responsible for their opinions!

I'll suck it up if I melt stuff!

(and for the record, I've found that this setup blows ok even with reducer and elbows attached. With filter on, it will be even slower, but I'll cross that bridge later as I have a line on a Sunco 80mm fan that blows at over 100 cfm and is designed to be exposed to water/dirt. Of course it's new, AND local dist. hadn't heard of it AND it'll probably cost like a kabillion dollars..... relative to other fans.)

Here tis:

http://www.sunonusa.com/index2.asp?f=news&p=pr_weatherfan

an alternative:

http://www.xoxide.com/suntorfan.html

Many TIA,

Neil.

-- Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia.

http://web.mac.com/tubaneil