Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:43:06 -0700
From:         Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: Can't see the forest for the fees?
Comments: To: Pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>

Our "Democratically Elected Dictatorship" will do whatever they feel like without asking or caring about the ones who elected them. They can steel, lie, cheat, promise falsly, pass laws and rules and regulations unfavorably, and they even want to be reelected, while we have no chance to get them out for many years. It is a form of democracy, but not the one we should have in our times. It was what we had to accept when distances were great, communications were slow, could not reach most people at once as we can now. Today, it is outdated and the time of "Direct Democracy" is in and the thing that should have been already in practice. Kings don't want to be dismounted. So, we will have to deal with these local little kings until the system of the direct democracy is applied. Look it up in the dictionary. Vanagon content? Well, here on the list we are having direct democracy. Members are all reached at once, can vote or deal with problems all together, they all get the emails, only they don't interfere with the inputs, some only send in a message a year, but read all every day. See? Everybody is involved and can make decisions if asked. If we would want them all to send a short message just to know that they are there, we would be surprised of all the hundreds of emails that day. The silent majority is there and are with us every day, and feeding off our good messages all the time. Those who ask questions, ask in everybody's name. We all experience the same problems now or later or before.

When I see someone put his/her hand on a Bible and makes a promise, to me it means that he can do a lot of bad things without us being able to fend them off. It means, no accountability. Trust, good character, and such noble traits are not around when money is involved. Mostly. The folks on this list are doing a noble deed. By choice. Our benefit is each other's company and all the good advice we get daily. Thanks for this genuine trustable group, who are all friends without shaking hands. Zoltan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pensioner" <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 12:18 PM Subject: Can't see the forest for the fees?