Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Jul 2007 20:46:27 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Dometic + related Electical Questions -- searched archives
Comments: To: neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>

I 'should' know this ...by ATC fuse you mean the kind that come in 86 and later vanagon fuse boxes , the little plastic box with two metal feet sticking out the bottom ? ( looks like a tooth sort of )

they don't come in 16. They come in 15 and 20 though. Just use the 15 amp one. They work much better than the old ceramic ones- those easily don't make contact on the ends, easily - it's the more common failure mode even. When you buy new ATC fuses, get the kind that have two metal test points showing on top. No need to pull the fuse to see if it's blown or look from the side trying to see. You just energize the circuit.....probe both metal parts with your test light, if there's power on both sides the fuse is good. I have never seen one fail to make contact, unlike the older type fuses.

There are some FLAPS- sourced ATC fuses without this test point feature. I'd avoid those. Scott www.turbovans.com