Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:36:09 -0600
From:         Paul Chubbuck <paul@TAKINGFLIGHT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Vapor lock? Static electricity? Help!

I wrote below incorrectly. My fuel pump was last replaced 4 years ago, not 4 months ago. Nonetheless, that seems way too often for my tastes.

Paul

To his credit, it was not his idea about the "Vanagon syndrome" but mine I got from a mechanic friend who didn't have access to the vehicle so probably wasn't clear on the engine. But thanks for the clarification.

After much time and diagnostic effort, my mechanic has duplicated the problem and diagnosed it as a bad fuel pump...my first conclusion. I should've replaced it myself as I would've saved a big repair bill.

Any ideas why my fuel pump would need replacing again after 4 months and less than 20,000 miles?

Paul