Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jul 2007 01:47:38 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Is ECU involved in getting power to fuel pump when turning
              seque to diesel radiator coolant flow direction
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

Hmmmm..... Ok, you're saying putting the hot coolant in at the bottom of the radiator aids bleeding, and bleeding would be a problem if hot coolant entered at the top of the radiator. Okaaay.....I'll think about that for a while. Thanks , scott

-----Original Message----- From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of Dennis Haynes Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:44 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Is ECU involved in getting power to fuel pump when turning seque to diesel radiator coolant flow direction

The Vanagon Radiator has to flow reverse in order to properly bleed. Looking at the radiator, there is a fitting that faces the rear of the van. That is the feed. It should be connected to the main tube on the right. The straight down fitting on the radiator, directly under the bleeder, is the return to the thermostat housing. Reverse these connections and getting the air out is a sporadic adventure.

Dennis

-----Original Message----- From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com] On Behalf Of David Kao Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:08 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Is ECU involved in getting power to fuel pump when turning seque to diesel radiator coolant flow direction

California weather is like magic. Both my 83 and 84 never had a single problem so far in either radiator. I can see a little surface rust but never any leak or any performance issue whatsoever. That has made me completely inexperienced with anything associated with Vanagon radiators. On the other hand it's good to be free from radiator troubles.

Just a gut feeling that hot coolant should enter from the top and the cooled come out from the bottom. I think I had a correct guess.

Thanks for confirming it.

David

__________________________________________________________________________ __________ Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games. http://sims.yahoo.com/