Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jul 2007 22:41:54 -0400
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: CDN Tire: Two  6 volt vs One  12 volt battery question
Comments: To: mwstebbins@yahoo.com

Let me simplify!

True deep cycle, flooded batteries such as a golf cart battery will provide the best performance and service life. Only problem is you will have to check and add water, they can spill if turned over, and they can give off hydrogen gas. Typical capacity will be ~220 A/H which will also support a 1,000 watt inverter.

In the reasonable price range, the Trojan T-105 is the best out there.

Most 12 volt deep cycle batteries are compromises. Good for space savings and simplicity. Limited to about 110 A/H. Two 6 volts in series will work better than 2 12 volts in parallel.

Avoid AGM unless you really feel the need and also like to empty your wallet. Most likely you will have much better results with a Wal-Mart stock battery at ~ $55 and when it fails in less than 2 years, get the free replacement with the warranty starting again.

I have no idea if Trojan is sold at Canadian Tire. I doubt it. Look for industrial or marine suppliers.

Dennis

-----Original Message----- From: Malcolm Stebbins [mailto:mwstebbins@yahoo.com] Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:43 PM To: Dennis Haynes Subject: RE: CDN Tire: Two 6 volt vs One 12 volt battery question

You flatter me! I haven't a clue as to what this means. I really wish I did, but I know so LITTLE about electricity, that I can't make heads nor tails of this. Is Trojan sold at CDN tire??

If I want to run the SurePower 1315 and run my Waeco compressor fridge (about 1 amp/hr on average) which is the best: two 6 volt golf cart batteries, one 12 volt AGM, or what???? malcolm

__________________________________________________________________________ __________ Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online. http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting