Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:08:36 -0700
From:         Scott Daniel - Shazam <scottdaniel@TURBOVANS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help--- stuck in Redding Followup and conclusion
Comments: To: Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@gmail.com>

You're telling me that 'as delivered from the factory' two cars had spark plugs that blew out ?

The '90 Golf, was that Mexican production ?

You'd think of course that when the put the engine together at the factory, they'd have a pretty sophisticated way of making sure the spark plugs are torqued in properly.

-----Original Message----- From: Jake de Villiers [mailto:crescentbeachguitar@gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:57 PM To: Scott Daniel - Shazam Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: Help--- stuck in Redding Followup and conclusion

That might have been the case with the air-cooled motors, but the other two were 'as delivered'.

On the flip side, I've never had to Heli-coil a stripped spark plug hole. :-)