Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 Jul 2007 20:33:33 -0700
From:         Evan Mac Donald <macdonald1987@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Signing Off

Well, Chuck, I do not think you SHOULD leave the list. Once a Vanagon owner, always a Vanagon owner. We on the list have seen many times that most of what keeps us in these vans is a shared state of mind. And, after ten years, you certainly share it!

And, please also consider the loss to the list of your ten years of experiences. If even one problem is avoided, that is all you need. Your advice may keep someone from getting stranded, or help out at their next camping outing.

O.K., so you don't actually own a Vanagon any more. Why miss us? There are no extra dues to pay. And you can vicariously participate in most of our continuing shenanigans, even if you are no longer up to it for yourself. Keep hangin around. We will probably at some point miss you, as you will miss us.

"Anderson,Chuck" <CAnderson@UA.COLOSTATE.EDU> wrote: I didn't think that I would ever find myself writing this but, after being a list member for the past ten years, it's time to sign off and move on. Because of my age (60), my partner's deteriorating physical health, and the mechanical condition of my van, I made the decision that it was time to buy a vehicle that had been manufactured in this century, one that has more creature comforts, especially air-conditioning that actually works. I have given my van to another list member in the hopes that it will continue to give good service and bring some driving enjoyment into someone else's life, as it did for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed being on this list for past ten years, reading about the ups and downs of everyone's experiences in owning a truly unique vehicle. Even though my van is gone, I still find myself looking for other vans wherever I drive and waiting for the drivers to wave. Unfortunately, for the make of vehicle that I bought, there is nothing that is the equivalent of this list. And, that's what I'm going to miss most of all. I wish all of you many happy and trouble-free journeys. So long!

P.S. For those of you in the northern Colorado area, here's something that I came across driving to work today: 1991 Carat, burgundy with gray interior, 99,000 miles, $4750, www.europeanmotorsinc.com .