Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:46:42 -0400
From:         BJ Feddish <bfeddish@NETREACH.NET>
Subject:      Eurovan Thoughts

Getting 18 MPG in my Honda Element is really starting to wear on me. I just took a trip to MD and got 22 MPG highway. In addition to the blind spots I'm starting to get annoyed with this car. When I met my friend down their I referred to it as the worlds smallest gas-guzzler. I was kicking around the idea of a '02 or '03 Eurovan. Without the camper or MV equipment these things are pretty inexpensive and I could almost do a swap trade on one of these since the Hondas have ridiculously high resale value. I would then be able to get 18 mpg and have a reason for it. A large cozy mini-van that seats more than 4 people.

Besides the insanity of trading Honda quality for VW dealership woes, what do you current Eurovan owners think of those things? Comfortable? Reliable? And the, most important question though is how is it in the snow? 4WD is pretty important where I am and I see that the newer Eurovans have traction control. Is that true? Does it work?

You can p-mail thoughts, rants, etc. if you want.

Thanks,

Bryan