Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jul 2007 17:45:34 -0400
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Time to think about winter
Comments: To: Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>

One of the beast ways to determine required heater size is to experiment. A 1500 watt electric heater provides a little more than 5,000 BTUs. If it provide enough heat, than the HS2000 will be enough. From experience this should be good down to just below freezing. If you want to camp in colder temperatures, and/or want fast warm up, then go for the 2800. Keep in mind these ratings are the BTU or fuel input. The actual heat to transfer inside will be ~20% less. You will also need adequate battery capacity to run it and do consider propane consumption.

Dennis