Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:05:56 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fwd: Yet another rusty propane tanks question...
Comments: To: dvdclarksn@AOL.COM

An 82 tank would be the manual type. Easy to tell the difference. The Auto type has a small curved metal tube from the fill valve assembly leading up a few inches to a small fitting on the tank body. The manual valve tanks have no such tube and instead have a small finger operated bleed valve on the tank body where the tube of the Auto valve otherwise attaches.

Personally I would replace any Auto type I owned with a manual type. There are still lots of Auto types out there being used successfully but they can fail suddenly as well as be difficult to fill.

Mark