Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Aug 2007 07:08:14 -0700
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Wiki [WAS: Curious incident of the fuel pump ...]
Comments: To: John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>

John, this is awesome. I will prod you (I have my calendar now set to prod me to prod you repeatedly until one of us cries "uncle!").

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR

John Bange typed: > On 8/2/07, Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@gmail.com> wrote: >> Since I know nothing of wikis I can certainly offer my uninformed >> opinion that twiki looks at first glance to do everything we'd want >> except for not having an HTML dump. But there appears to be a $hitload >> of add-ons and plugins that have already been written for it and maybe >> such a feature is already available. Or someone a lot smarter than me >> could write one. > > > > When I initially started "shopping" for wiki software I had Twiki > suggested by a friend, but at the time it didn't support WYSIWYG editing, > which was a total deal killer. After playing with MediaWiki and writing a > few dozen test pages, I found that writing the articles in that tedious wiki > markup language was a real drag. I note that with Twiki this has since > changed! Upon further examination, it also has the capacity to publish to > static HTML. That, combined with the "free" and "Linux" thing make it look > pretty good. I'll "run it up the flagpole" on my test server this weekend if > I have time. Or sometime next week, at the latest. Either way, keep prodding > me. My wife says I have far more "good ideas" than I have time or energy to > see through, so I tend to push one project after another onto the back > burner (just ask Maggie Dew how long it's been since I promised to send her > a speedometer, which I only mailed just yesterday). > At any rate, this is something that I've long thought would be useful. I > have a collection of random information ready to post when the wiki is up, > and I don't care where it's hosted. I'll point the "www.vanagonwiki.net" > domain at whoever wants it, if they want it bad enough to put the wiki up. > I'll work on getting my server up either way. > > -- > John Bange > '90 Vanagon - "Geldsauger" >