Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:28:45 -0700
From:         "Mike \"Rocket J Squirrel\" Elliott" <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Solar panel
Comments: To: Warren Chapman <vwsyncroguy@YAHOO.COM>

Under the bench seat in a battery box is where our Group 27 lives. It does chew up storage space, no doubt about it. Required cleverness to shift other things to new homes.

If you can count on being able to recharge your battery every day then 50% usage ain't that bad with a good battery. The engineer at Blue Sky Energy (solar controllers) told me that curves can be found on the Trojan which show how long a battery will last under different discharge conditions. He said (I can't find the curves he referred to on the site to confirm) that you can get more amp/hours out of a battery with 50% discharge than with 20% discharge. Dennis? Know what he was talking about?

--

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR