Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Aug 2007 09:54:55 -0700
From:         neil N <musomuso@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: My Google Vanagon links page needs your submissions!
Comments: To: David Etter <detter@mail.auracom.com>

Hi David.

Good tips. I realized after starting this that it might take more time than originally thought, so I'll do what I can.

I will "label" each link with either title of each sites "welcome/home" page or with what makes sense to me. Not sure if search funtion provided on googlepages creator/publisher software, but that would help. Grouping them? Maybe over time. I can't password it, as that's my password to my Gmail, so no there won't be a Wiki equivelant. I wanted to leave it open to public, but that's a big can of worms. As it stands, I've made it clear that the site is unmoderated, but I'll "TRY" to view content I post links to.

As it stands, and more of less by accident, it has a CL or Wiki look which makes sense to me. I wanted simple because it's easier to read, and may be of initial use to those with PDA's/smart phones on the road looking for help via info. (like they don't needs no stinkings dancing GIF's or Flash crap) Maybe labelling sites that have mostly text would be useful too.

I like the idea that "vanagonlinks" is easy to remember. i.e. One can simply type in;

vanagonlinks.googlepages.com

A recent google search gave me 2 hits. Alistair Bells' page which has quite a few good links. (he also sent me the link for me to get links from) and GoWesty. But that's it.

Hopefully this site will get some action and get trolled and listed with google or whatever. This may make it easier for newbies or whoever to find what they need.

Neil.

-- Please send me your Vanagon/Westfalia links! http://vanagonlinks.googlepages.com/home

Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia. http://web.mac.com/tubaneil

On 8/6/07, David Etter <detter@mail.auracom.com> wrote: > Neil: > i THINK ?? this has great potential.... maybe now I can > reduce my bookmarks to one central place. Are you going to group the > links? ( Diesel - Battery - Solar -- Tires - etc.) Will it have a > 'Search' function? Are you going to verify each link and re-write the > 'NAME' to better reflect the content? Can we or anyone review and > re-write the link NAME? Something like Wikipedia.. > Just asking Neil, I'm not suggesting anything and no pressure meant. > > Thanks! > David (dsl82westy) > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > > >Hi all. > > > >Email address on my "VanagonLinks" homepage is a bit cryptic. (to keep > >email troller bots away) > > > >Here's the address: > > > >musomuso1963@hotmail.com > > > >If you have any favorite Vanagon web site links you want to submit, > >please send them there. > > > >Here's my "VanagonLinks" homepage: > > > >http://vanagonlinks.googlepages.com/home > > > >Thanks! > > > >Neil. >