Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Aug 2007 11:36:33 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <mdrillock@COX.NET>
Subject:      Re: Deep cycle batteries, voltage regulators, and eating cake
Comments: To: Geza Polony <gezapolony@SBCGLOBAL.NET>

You are drawing conclusions that are not yet justified by your reported tests. The voltage you should measure under load is the voltage at the alternator. If the alternator has sufficient output voltage but that voltage is not reaching the batteries then your problem is in the wiring. You don't say what year this is but VW increased the capacity of the charging wiring several times over the years. This area is a real weak spot in all but the latest years. Easily improved if that proves to be some or all of your problem.

Mark