Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Aug 2007 12:31:50 -0700
From:         VW Doka <vw.doka@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Labor, 28 hours, customer say, i have no money....
Comments: To: David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>

Depends on where you live. Here in Kaleeforeeya, a mechanic's lien ain't worth squat. If the customer can prove that the vehicle is their main means of transportation, the State can make you turn it over to them without payment and go through the courts for payment.

I've seen this coming a few times in the past and was unable to "unfix" the vehicle prior to customer showing up with the local constabularies. Funny thing is... they suddenly found the money to pay for the repair.

Cheers,

Jeff