Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:02:52 -0700
From:         Reinhard Vehring <rvehring@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: circlip on lower ball-joint
Comments: To: Dennis Haynes <d23haynes57@HOTMAIL.COM>

Dennis, the clips are on now. I think I won't go to that place anymore. It has a good reputation servicing Vanagons, but it's the second time they've done poor work for me. Last time I ended up with brake fluid all over my feet. [rant on] I'd be happy to pay more to get work done right. Now that I think about it, my experience with repair shops over the years is consistently bad. Good indicators for a lousy shop are: Junk and dirt everywhere. Tools beat up and scattered all over the place. Everyone is in a crazy rush all the time working on five things at once. No torque wrench to be seen anywhere. Boxes of used nuts and bolts and other used fasteners at the repair stations. To be fair the experience of repair shops with me is probably also bad. I actually tend to check what they have done and what they tell me. So they probably think I am a massive pain in the butt. Maybe they are are right.[rant off] Have fun, Reinhard

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545469