Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Aug 2007 16:14:54 -0400
From:         Robert Stewart <robertmstewart@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Van Not Starting - 88 Automatic with New Starter and
              Alternerator

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

The Bosch starter - oops I meant reconditioned. I got it from Ken at Vanagain.

The issue has been resolved, it was the simplest thing ever!

Appearantly their is connector on the right rear side of the Bosch starter, well it was hanging off! It was totally loose! The mechanic came to my van, I showed him that all the fuses were good, showed him the gear shift switch assembly was good since it was just replaced a couple of months ago, and we checked the alternator which I told him was replaced. He then looked at the engine area, found the started and in 2 seconds he pushed the wire in, and boom it started instantly.

So I very simple solution to a pain in ass problem.

Thank you all again.

You guys are great.

Have a great day.

Robert 98 degrees in Brooklyn NY 4:14pm 88 Vanagon 214,000 Miles