Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 8 Aug 2007 07:54:39 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Labor, 28 hours, customer say,
              i have no money.... ubiquity ... its everywhere ...

dear all this is not simply in the car repair business it is in many industries ... there is a statistic that says about 18% are delinquent 20% of them are down right no pays ever... i have been victim to this practice in the construction industry so many times always from people who had the appearance of ability to pay these are those who arrive in a fancy vehicle to "check on progress" or who have a thriving business where you always have to go to see them mount up several of these in a row ... and suddenly i find myself in the delinquent category add to this some life circumstance and ...

but ... ben is talking about a very different story ... someone who appears to be making their way by offering part payment in hopes that the service provider's ... confidence ... self esteem ... or cash flow ... suffers to the point of acceptance of any offer ...

sadly i have had these people in my life as well and they have bent me over just at the moment i least could stand the pressure... and with construction done there is no choice but to leave in place... my choice has always been to walk away end of story ... liens were never an option as the job was often under $5K and often 50% or more in materials ...

twice i got stuck for those and once in excess of $5k ...

the good news is these people are not the majority ... but they are active enough to require much legal interference in ones life... which is how i now do business ... i have a lawyer in my life who i pay a certain amount to and he is what i commence projects with the statement to the customer that i will just have my lawyer look over this has created a very positive cash flow in my life and before i make any personal decisions regarding spending money ... i ask his office if i should or can they advise me how to ... and no its not considerable sums ... this is still in the under $5k bracket

ben ... sorry your good nature has been utilized so poorly ... and of course if they are vanagon owners they are probably party to this site .. reading these very words... tsk... tsk ... tsk...

if they are truly under duress then now id the time to do every thing you can to make things as right as you can if this is your usual MO then you need to step back and take a look at how you live your life and the way it is affecting others

good luck in your efforts ben god runs the world with a screed and all things contain leaven yours

On 8/8/07, -------- <VW4X4@verizon.net> wrote: > > Ben, > This is all to common. Keep the vehicle. In my state your not > legally allow to do this, but they are not allowed not to pay. Here > you have to have a signature on a contract over $500.00 If you > do, we tell the customer we are keeping the vehicle until you pay. > If the customer gets the law involved we tell them its not completed yet, > and then ask for the payment up front. Make sure the vehicle is > blocked in and disabled at night. THey will come and try to take it. > I can't stand people like this. To many these days. Good luck. > > > > > Benny boy wrote: > > >Me: > >Sir, you Air-Cool van is ready and working fine (new heads, pistons + a > lot > >of small stuff), 130psi all around, temp is fine, tested. Ready to drive, > >don't forget, drive smooth, oil change between 700-1000km. > > > >Customer: Ok, thank so much. I can go camping now, how much? > > > >Me: 3399$ > > > >Customer: ho, ok, can i make a check? > > > >Me: NO check, i had to many problems with those, sorry, cash, credit. > Debit > >as a max of 1000$ per day just so you know. > > > >Customer: ho, i don't have enough on my credit card, what shoud i do? > Maybe > >i have enough in my bank account??? > > > >Me: Sir, i have spent 3.5 days in a row in your van, i have grease up to > my > >a**... find a solution... CREDIT, CASH or NO van, sorry but i'm sure you > >understand my point of view. > > > >Customer: Well, i'm no sure how to find the money! > > > >Me: Sir, i told you before an approx of the total bill, you didn't say > >nothing, you said go ahead! > > > >Customer: well, i will find a way, how can i pay again? > > > >Me: Cash or credit (me sound VERY COLD) > >--------------------------------------------------------------- > > > >The conclusion... > >This is not the first time this happen to me, far from it, what the hell > is > >the problem with people like that??????? i work my ass off... and this is > >the answer i get. > > > >Frustration! yes, it is. > > > >We always blame the business men, the customers is always right... yea.. > sure. > > > >I tell you all because if this happen to me.. i'm sure some of you did so > >one day!!! think twice before doing it again! > > > >Ben > >http://www.benplace.com/bjp3.htm > > > > > > > > >

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ----------------------------------------------------------- View my NEWEST video work at: http://one.revver.com/watch/345572/flv http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364