Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:48:24 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: head gasket progress
Comments: To: Brendan Slevin <brendan@BELLATAZZA.COM>

Having fun! Carb cleaner... it should be brake cleaner... Ken Flo

Black sealant on the block? engine block? in between the 2 half? Back sealant?

No need to pre oil pushrod.

I always put a bit more than the recommended 37 torque. About 40 ft-pd. The sequence is at the end of the old page i did... a long time ago. http://www.benplace.com/head.htm But, reverse all number! it is wrong to begin with the farther (outside the valves cover, close to the intake) ones from the valves, begin with the one IN the head, behind the valve cover. Why, because those 4 pushrods are pushing hard on this side, you want to lower the pressure on that side first.

I have a few video here that could help you: http://www.benplace.com/pistons_heads_video.htm

Here is where you need that black (The Right Stuff)sealant: http://www.benplace.com/85rouge/rouge102.jpg http://www.benplace.com/85rouge/rouge103.jpg http://www.benplace.com/amc_head/amc9.jpg http://www.benplace.com/amc_head/amc8.jpg

I wish you good luck, if you have any troubble or question, ask us. Ben