Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:05:56 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Inside a Subi last part.. clarification!

A little clarification about that page: http://www.benplace.com/subaru_ej25.htm

I was a bit selfish about posting all those pictures and not giving much credit to Vanaru... like a kid, i always put pictures up and text without thinking much... why, because i'm a kid, i often don't think and act. I put those pictures up because it facinate me to work/help on those engine, i like to share and sometime, i may share to much. Why there is so much Vanaru stuff going on in my shop, for one single reason, Quebec as a lot of Vanagon, a lot! (and Hans as some friend in Montreal so is often around anyway) So there is customers for that kind of conversion, or any other conversion. So with all my pictures, text and energy, i easily convince people. Hans and John from Vanaru have convince me and built me a great 2.5L. And the problem i have is that i'm now in love with my van and one good reason is the new power plant. Each morning, i start the van and i have a completely different feeling than before... a "secure" one, the kind of one that want to make you go at the end of the world. So who is to blame... not me :-), them for building me such a great engine. I already have more than 6000 miles on it, why do i open the rear hatch! to show it to people, nothing else.

I don't built conversion, at all, i'm just an installer and an helper. Sadly, i like to bragg.. yea, nothing armful, just for fun. But in the future, i will be more careful whit stuff and ideas that are not mine... as for mine, i will still bragg... :-)

I have modified that page and gave full credit to Vanaru.

Also, in that page, the picture show a late engine! but those are different than the 2000-2004, not much the engine itself but the electronic part of it... so, we did one or 2 as test engine. With time, Vanaru may or may not use those engine i don't know.

So i apologize to Vanaru, i should have been more clear about who is behind all that great adventure.

Regards, Ben