Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:59:26 -0800
From:         Tom Salicos <Tom@SALICOS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Syndrome, et al
Comments: To: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@CYBERTRAILS.COM>

The capacitor does not have the happy face on it. It won't work. ;0)

Actually, you did what I did when I had a WBX. Totally valid, since it's electrically the same point when connected. And any time you can solder while heating less mass, the better off you are.

A purist may argue that when the terminals are disconnected, they might pull the capacitor apart. I didn't worry about it.

It looks like you heated the terminal and tacked the capacitor lead on. It's better to always make a good mechanical connection, e.g. by crimping with needle nose pliers, then flow solder over the connection.

Tom Salicos '87 Syncro Westy EG-33