Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:53:01 -0700
From:         Jake de Villiers <crescentbeachguitar@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Nokian Tire Availability
Comments: To: Thomas Pfrommer <pfrommer@phas.ubc.ca>

The Discount Tire in Bellingham is pretty close and very easy to deal with.

On 8/15/07, Thomas Pfrommer <pfrommer@phas.ubc.ca> wrote: > > Hm Thats interesting. > I have to replace my tires rather sooner than later and read all tire > threads in the past weeks with great interest (sorry Benny I really did > ;-)). I also thought about the Bus Depot Hankook ones, but taking them > to Canadian Tire and having them put on my rims might be quite expensive > compared to in store sale ones .... > Hm is there a Canadian Discount Tire possibility with Hankook RA08s or > similar performance tires that do everything at once? > > Thanks > Thomas > > Loren Busch wrote: > > Just a heads up. For those of you that have been thinking about putting > > Nokian tires on your rig, like the Hakapllita CS, the Nokian warehouse > in > > Colorado says it has a bunch in stock right now. I point this out > because > > when I was looking for that tire last December there were none available > in > > North America, entire yearly allotment sold out. I got the 185R14s, > don't > > know about other sizes. > > BTW, Discount Tire (local) beat any of the online dealers and another > local > > dealer by better than $20 a tire on the Nokians. And their quote on > Hankook > > RA08s beat what it would have cost to order online, ship, and have > mounted. > > Plus ordering through them provides their free rotation and repair > service > > plus the extended road hazard warranty is avialble, not available if you > > just bring your tires to them to mount. And the prices included sales > tax > > and local recycle fees. > > > > >

-- Jake 1984 Vanagon GL 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" www.crescentbeachguitar.com