Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:00:16 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Loud clackety sound on start up?
Comments: To: JP Burdett <jp.burdett@SPOTWAVE.COM>

When were those valve adjusted? (yes, hydro engine need valves adjustment once in a wile)

What type of oil and filter?

When did you/someone clean the strainer?

Before anyone think that they have a bad lifter, things like pushrod, rocker, adjusting screw should be checked! Some lifter become a bit more lasy with time but often, the adjustment is out of range. If a lifter is noisy, check if you out the 2 max turn.

Since i have been playing in VW Westy, i have seen only one bad lifter, so the average is very good. But, i have seen way to many bad valves adjustment! So bad that they create severe probleme. http://www.benplace.com/aircool2/ac45.jpg

http://www.benplace.com/1700valves.htm

Ben