Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:31:52 -0600
From:         Tom Buese <tombuese@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Dometic insulation
Comments: To: Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>

Off gassing originally occurred w/ even the plywood, plastic laminate, plastic finishes, door panels, carpeting, curtains, etc. All of those products had chemicals in them when made, & release their gases after manufacturing. Nowadays green manufacturers are trying to use products & glues, etc. that have fewer toxic chemicals that off gas, but most products still off gas to some extent, so the best way to deal w/ offgassing is to ventilate new construction as much as possible before living w/in the space. Hopefully, the material has off gassed before the product has been installed, but w/ more efficient inventory controls of manufactured products now, products don't sit around outside much before they are installed.

The old stuff also isn't as efficient in insulating as the new stuff, so pick your poison.

Tom B. -everything pretty much causes cancer?