Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 14 Aug 2007 23:46:52 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: Elemental Mods Report
Comments: To: Geo & Kathleen Hahn <ahwahnee@CYBERTRAILS.COM>

Freeze 12 is supposed to perform near that of Freon 12, which is supposedly far better that R134a in producing cool/cold air. In any case, here in Alabama this year one needs all the advantage one can bet. Temps have been 103-104 for the last several days, and around 100 for days on end. Here in my area we are on a Stage 3 drought alert. It has put the landscape business out of business. I'm getting dry, barren places in my yard where the grass has died and simply crumbled to dust. I have noticed a good many trees dead or dying.

The heat continues.

And wouldn't you know - my AC system is all apart on my bench in my garage - air conditioned of course.

Regards.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver

Geo & Kathleen Hahn wrote: > That's what I use. No one will be tempted to hang meat in the van but > it's > enough to take the edge off a hot day in Tucson. > > The one local auto parts place that carries it will only sell it to > mechanics -- no idea if that is the law or just their policy but I > obtained > it online here: > > http://freeze-12.com/ > > Geo > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 11:56 AM > Subject: Re: Elemental Mods Report > > >> Now that you have converted the system to R-134a, and the proper >> plumbing and valves are in place, why not go one more step and install >> Freeze 12... > >