Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:11:18 -0700
From:         Roger Whittaker <rogerwhitt1@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 2 trips, plenty of Vanagons. Morro Bay and Victoria, BC
Comments: To: Syncronicity1 <syncronicity1@gmail.com>

dear syncronicety isnt it wonderful that western canada has become a used car lot for japan imagine if we could import westies by the boat load... these Mitsubishi wheels are neat looking the driver of one told me he wanted a westy but could not afford it ... go figure... lately the insurance corp of bc locally known as ickybic-ey (ICBC) has begun to raise hackles due to the right hand drive these vehicles sport... (read people buy for novelty and dont learn to drive the peculiarities as such... ) so one of two things will occur... the insurance sost will go crazy and make them un-affordable ]or they will succeeded in stopping the import...

glad you enjoyed victoria ... come with your westy some time ... the island is fun but taking the ferry to powell river more so .. ;o) yours

On 8/20/07, Syncronicity1 <syncronicity1@gmail.com> wrote: > > Folks, > > > > Just wanted to pass on the Vanagon view from 2 trips this summer. These 2 > locations are full of Vanagons. > > > > Morro Bay, CA: Great area, plenty of Vanagons around, we went to GoWesty > of > course, and the area is full of friendly Vanagon folks always ready to > strike up a conversation, or wave on the roads. Glad I got this out of my > system, visiting GoWesty felt too much like a pilgrimage. Also great > camping, driving in the beach; yeah got stuck until I put the rear locker > on > to get out. > > > > Victoria, BC: Beautiful place, we flew, no Vanagon for us, but there were > plenty of them. Walking around, or driving, seemed like one was out and > about every 10 minutes. Interestingly not a single Syncro, must be a > coincidence, I am sure they are there. Also saw 3 of the Mitsubishi 4x4 > vans (like this HYPERLINK > "http://tasmania.gumtree.com.au/tasmania/19/10796319.html" > http://tasmania.gu > mtree.com.au/tasmania/19/10796319.html) which I have never spotted > elsewhere. After about 2.5 days my wife started calling out the Vanagon > sightings! – Yeah! Success! > > > > We have a good share here in San Diego county also, but not even close to > the density in these places. So, either of these are great Vanagon > locations for your future travels. > > > > Roland > > > > > > > > > > > No virus found in this outgoing message. > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.1/962 - Release Date: 8/20/2007 > 1:08 PM > >

-- roger w There are two kinds of jobs in the world: Picking up garbage and telling people things. Successful people do both, with the same good attitude. (riw) ----------------------------------------------------------- View my NEWEST video work at: http://one.revver.com/watch/357909/qt/affiliate/10 http://one.revver.com/watch/345572/qt http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7135104650374818257 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3259745150182742364