Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:45:42 -0600
From:         alfred bagdan <abagdan@SHAW.CA>
Subject:      Re: Fuel tank remove / replace
Comments: To: Jeff Lincoln <magikvw@GMAIL.COM>

Also, when replacing the 5mm vent hoses, you don't need to put hose clamps on. I did but found out later that they are not necessary. Careful when removing them from the plastic tubes and the vent expansiontanks. I used a side cutter pliers to cut the crimped on clamps then cut the old rubber hoses with a sharp knife lengthwise at the ends so as to not put too much stress on the plastic parts. Also, you will find it hard to pull out the tubes that go into the rubber grommets as there is not much room to put any leverage on. I wrapped a 4 foot piece of twine around the tube as far down as I could, pulled the short end out to equal length with the other end, then firmly took each end in each hand, one short yank, and the tube with the grommet was out of the tank. I plugged the hole in the tank to prevent dirt from getting in.

Alfred 85 Westy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeff Lincoln" <magikvw@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 10:54 AM Subject: Re: Fuel tank remove / replace