Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 23 Aug 2007 21:15:36 -0400
From:         Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>
Subject:      Heading to the woods of Maine!

Its time to pick up where we left off.....we were supposed to take the 87 Westy from our home on the south coast of Massachusetts to Rochester, NY then on to Montreal and Quebec and down to Millinocket, ME for some white-water rafting. Well, the death of the Westy's steering rack killed off the middle part of the trip. We took the New Beetle to Rochester for my grandson's christening and then back home. Now that the "new" rack is in and all seems well with the 87, its time to catch up on the last half of our trip.

So, we'll be heading up 95 tomorrow am.....taking a swing to Bucksport to check out the Penobscot Narrows Bridge/Observation Tower and then up to Millinocket. So if you see an 87 Westy heading north....beep...wave, etc...

The lap top stays home on this trip....no wireless or other internet access up there in the wilds of northern Maine....HOORAY!!

Ric