Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 25 Aug 2007 19:11:47 -0700
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Marshall "Second Chance" LPG adapter?

B-but that would meant a FOURTH fuel type I'd need to pack:

NOW:

1. Propane, 1lb bottles, for propane grill AND occasional use with pressure mantle lantern. 2. Butane, couple cans, for tabletop stove (http://www.missionrs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=90000) 3. Odorless lamp oil, bottle, for Dietz wick lanterns (used inside van for ambient lighting and warmth).

WITH 7LB REFILLABLE BOTTLE:

1. Propane, 1lb bottles, for occasional use with pressure mantle lantern. 2. Butane, couple cans, for tabletop stove (http://www.missionrs.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=90000) 3. Odorless lamp oil for Dietz wick lanterns (used inside van for ambient lighting and warmth). 4. Propane, refillable 7lb bottle, for propane grill.

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR

Jake de Villiers typed: > Hey Rocky, we stopped using those disposibles; too much garbage, too much > money, not enough gas. I have the Coleman adapter hose as suggested by Kim > and two 10 lb(7 lb?) refillables as seen in the luggage rack of Dixie at the > Van Meet in White Rock. > > http://subyjake.googlepages.com/ > > I'll take them down after festival season is over. > > They last a long time but are small enough to pop up & down for the > stove/grill/etc > > On 8/25/07, Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@mac.com> wrote: >> I've talked to propane guys and tried my hand at refilling them >> myself. The short answer is, that it is more trouble than it is worth >> usually. >> >> The propane guys basically will all say, it is unsafe. In many cases, >> I'll concur. Those 1 pound bottles are cheap. The valves are not >> designed for refilling and may leak if you do sucessfully put propane >> back in them. >> >> A better solution is to get an adapter hose so that you don't use the >> disposable bottles, but use a standard 1 or 5 gallon tank. These >> adapter hoses are available at propane places. >> >> On Aug 25, 2007, at 4:28 PM, Michael Elliott wrote: >> >>> I'm looking for an easy way to refill, or at least partially >>> refill, the >>> little 1lb propane bottles we use for our BBQ grill. >>> >>> Has anyone added one of these to their Westy? > > > > -- > Jake > 1984 Vanagon GL > 1986 Westy Weekender "Dixie" > www.crescentbeachguitar.com >