Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:49:14 -0700
From:         Michael Diehr <md03@XOCHI.COM>
Subject:      Name of campground along 395?

Last year I stayed at a campground and I can't for the life of me remember it's name or find it on a map.

Here's what I remember for sure: It's somewhere between carson city and mammoth on the 395, if I had to guess I'd say it's between Bridgeport and Topaz? The campground is on the East side of the 395, perhaps no more than 100 yards from 395. It has perhaps 20 spots, and parallels a river/creek that you can scramble down to. Very pretty setting. It's a government campground (state? federal? forest service? blm?) with self-registration. This was on Labor day weekend and I was happy to find any spots at all, and it turned out to be a really pretty campsite and extremely convenient as a stop- over point for travels along 395.

Here's what I'm a little fuzzy on: I was heading south on 395 looking for a place to stay as it was getting dark. There was a sign for a "rest area" which I followed that took me off 395 onto residential streets and basically ended up in the parking lot of a school. Weird. This didn't look very comfy for overnight stay, so I kept heading south and found this other campground within an hour or so.

This strike a bell with anyone?