Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:25:03 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Trip report: Peterborough Bus Volk Festival
Comments: cc: Type2 <type2@type2.com>

Hi Volks,

This past weekend was quite possibly the best VW event launch I have ever attended. Jerry Baldwin started planning this event back before

BusFusion, and found a great location, matched up the date with some excellent local festivities and put the word out. The result was excellence; through and through.

Highlights: - Packing the bus for two. There is so much more space that way, and

we had forgotten what that feels like. The kids stayed home and it was still in one piece when we returned this afternoon.

- Discovering a new campground, practically in our own backyard. The

place has good facilities and seems to be very accomodating.

- Good weather. It rained a bit, but not during anything important. Today's weather for the music festival was magnificent.

-Gerry's stretch vanagon. Definitely a 10/10 execution. Everyone who saw it immediately wanted one for themselves.

- Discovering some new musicians to keep an eye on.

Two thumbs up and a big thanks to Jerry and Sophie for a job very well done!

Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12868&l=62d90&id=696946986

Video footage of Unionist Ministers playing unplugged at the festival: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww5sZGt58xk

The write-up in the local paper:

http://www.thepeterboroughexaminer.com/webapp/sitepages/content.asp? contentid=668954&catname=Local+News&classif=News+Live

Happy Trails,

Greg Potts 1973/74/77/79 Westfakia "Bob The Tomato www.pottsfamily.ca www.busesofthecorn.com

On 26-Aug-07, at 7:04 PM, quoi2lov wrote:

> Hey Greg, does this mean you're back? > How was VolksBusFest? Or was it BusFolksFes? Or .... Ahhh I give up. > > A >

__._,_.___ Messages in this topic (0) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic Messages | Files | Photos | Links | Database | Polls | Members | Calendar . note: this list does not support attachments, please post attachments to a web page and include the URL in the email you can use the yahoo photo / file area