Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:29:07 +0000
From:         Dave Vickery <davevickery@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1.8t conversion option

If you live at altitude, the turbo eliminates the loss in power of the non-turbo engine. 2-3% loss for every 1,000 feet. By the time you get up to a Colorado pass or a ski area, you have lost at least 25% of your power, so a 1.8T has as much power at 10,000 feet as a 6 cylinder SVX.

Dave in Denver 2.5 syncru (non-T)

_________________________________________________________________ Tease your brain--play Clink! Win cool prizes! http://club.live.com/clink.aspx?icid=clink_hotmailtextlink2