Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 27 Aug 2007 22:09:39 -0700
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 15" audi wheels with tires Seattle CL $150
Comments: To: BenT Syncro <syncro@gmail.com>
Comments: cc: TC <trclark@shaw.ca>

You are absolutely right that after adding up the cost for lug bolts, wheel studs, spacers and cost of machining the center holes it may be close to the cost of buying a set of VW stock used 14" alloys for Vanagons.

However, VW stock alloys have been said to be not durable. I have seen used one for sale on craigslist fairly cheap and in not so great conditions. I have seen that quite a few times. And they are 14" rims.

On the other hand, the set of 15" Audi 5000 rims I got for $150 look very strong and beefy. They look very similar to Vanagon stock rims but better in my eyes of the overall look. They are 15x7 rims. It will be easier to find tires for these rims too.

David

____________________________________________________________________________________ Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today! http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7