Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Sep 2007 09:17:51 +1000
From:         David Yates <dyates1@BIGPOND.NET.AU>
Subject:      Re: Sun visors
Comments: To: Chris Lisica <wavanagon@GMAIL.COM>

Thanks Chris,

They would not be available here in Australia at all and certainly at a price like that. Of course, downunder that is the passenger visor and not as useful, but you give me hope!

Thanks again. Dave

Depending on the amount of time and money you want to spend building a jig, you could always buy a new one:

http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=251857551A

For $20, the price sounds right to me. However, that one I linked to is only the driver side. Perhaps you could find a pair on thesamba.com for cheap. Good luck!

chris

On 8/31/07, David Yates <dyates1@bigpond.net.au> wrote: > > My 25 year old Vanagon sun visors are a little sad. The vinyl covers are > still fine but the inside material has been crushed by years of use. > > > > I am contemplating doing something about it. Because of the way the vinyl > is welded together along the seams, I am concerned about doing permanent > damage to the visors by opening them up fully. Has anyone tackled this > problem? > > > > I have wondered whether I could put a smallish slit along one of the seams > and extract all the crushed foam. It might be possible to make a jig of > two > parallel boards spaced to the correct thickness of the visor and then > carefully inject expanding foam into the interior of the visor until it is > comfortably full. > > > > There MAY be a problem with the mechanism that allows the visor to rotate > on > its arm, but I wonder if it is worth a try. > > > > Does anyone have an alternative? I HAVE seen the Sun visors with built-in > DVD player and TV but don't want to go down that path!. > > > > Dave > > downunder > > > > > No virus found in this outgoing message. > Checked by AVG Free Edition. > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.0/980 - Release Date: 30/08/2007 > 6:05 PM > >

-- Chris 88 Vanagon GL 02 Golf GLS TDI (SOLD, looking for a Westy, now that I know what I really like to drive)

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.0/980 - Release Date: 30/08/2007 6:05 PM

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.0/980 - Release Date: 30/08/2007 6:05 PM

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.1/982 - Release Date: 31/08/2007 5:21 PM