Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Aug 2007 21:58:52 -0700
From:         Chris Lisica <wavanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Cleanest head gasket job ever is now complete......
Comments: To: dylan friedman <insyncro@yahoo.com>

Right you are. If anyone is interested, here is the link:

http://www.busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=N0180154

Thanks Dylan.

chris

On 8/28/07, dylan friedman <insyncro@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Bus Depot item > > *Chris Lisica <wavanagon@GMAIL.COM>* wrote: > > Yes, it is stock. I did remove them and reinstall. I heard they aren't > available anymore so I kept the old ones. In my opinion, they are very > necessary. One of them does get exposed to heat. If anyone finds new > sheathing, please let me know. It's something I would change when I do > another one. > > Chris > > On 8/28/07, Raymond Paquette wrote: > > > > Chris > > > > It looks like your fuel lines are all inside of protective pieces of > > tubing. Am I seeing it right? Did you do that? Or is that stock, and > > mine > > are missing? What did you use? > > > > Seems like an excellent idea, and not too difficult to do when replacing > > fuel lines. > > > > \Raymond > > > > On 8/28/07, David Kao wrote: > > > > > > --- Chris Lisica wrote: > > > > > > > It does look a bit like titanium. I do like the high sheen of it. > > > Everything > > > > just wipes off of it w/ a rag. > > > > > > > > Don't worry, after driving it twice now, I wouldn't trade it for any > > > > conversion. The smoothness of the ride, the rythmic hum of the > engine, > > > there > > > > is no feeling like it in the world. The van just seems to run > better. > > I > > > > think it's happier. lol... I can't wait to get a westy and do the > > same. > > > > > > > > Chris > > > > > > Driving a Vanagon with a good stock engine is an experience no > > conversion > > > can compare. I can agree some that coversions make the Vanagon perform > > at > > > a more modern level but then the classic feeling about it is lost. > > > Congrats for the new Vanagon again. > > > > > > David > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________________________________________________________________________________ > > > Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search > > > that gives answers, not web links. > > > http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC > > > > > > > > > -- > Chris > 88 Vanagon GL > 02 Golf GLS TDI (SOLD, looking for a Westy, now that I know what I really > like to drive) > > >

-- Chris 88 Vanagon GL 02 Golf GLS TDI (SOLD, looking for a Westy, now that I know what I really like to drive)