Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2007, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 29 Aug 2007 15:33:37 -0700
From:         Michael Elliott <camping.elliott@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Normal mpg?

Here's all the data I have. I sorted by transmission, then engine type, then mileage. If your data are on this page and you are Canadian, please advise whether you submitted US gallons or CDN gallons. You may need to set your email client to use a fixed-width font for this to display meaningfully.

The only thing that is obvious to me is that my van has the worst mileage of all. Compression and O2 sensor checking are next.

Year Model Engine Trans Owner mpg Comments

88 Westy 2.1 5-speed Todd Last 16.5 205/70 R14 tires 84 Westy 1.9 auto Rocky Squirrel 15.5 highway, sea level 84 Vanagon n/a auto Mike Collum 19 84 Westy 1.9 auto David Etter 21.5 ave. of 2 engines 85 Westy 1.9 auto Thomas LaPointe 17 maximum 85 Westy 1.9 auto TC 19 average 82 Westy 1.8 manual Alistair Bell 24.4 185R14, summer 84 Westy 1.9 manual Tom Buese 17 4500ft elevation 84 Westy 1.9 manual Jack R. 18 185R14, 650ft elevation 84 n/a 1.9 manual stuart jeff 20 stock 14'' wheels 84 GL 1.9 manual Jake de Villiers 24.5 85 Westy n/a manual Mike Collum 20.5 86 GL n/a manual Joel Walker 19 measured, EPA: 16/18 mpg 86 Westy 2.1 manual Jake de Villiers 20.5 87 Westy 2.1 manual Stephen Grisanti 17 epa says city 17, hwy 18 n/a Carat n/a manual Angus Gordon 22 average 83 Westy n/a n/a Wesley Pegden 20 (should be) 83.5 Westy 1.9 n/a David Kao 22 average 87 Synchro Westy mike 15 8.5X27 14

-- Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 84 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") 74 Utility Trailer. Ladybug Trailer, Inc., San Juan Capistrano KG6RCR