Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Sep 2007 20:21:32 -0700
From:         Kim Springer <kimspringer@RCN.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1990 2.1L Digijet European Caravelle wiring diagrams

Hi Matt,

That is it exactly!! The US uses (R+M)/2 and Europe uses the R number. Thanks for ther reminder, but as soon as I read your post, the "neuron" fired!

So you can't go by the high actane and directly cross reference what you need for a DJ engine.

If the DJ engine was set up like it was in Europe, then you would probably need 95 octane, but here in the US, the way I have it set up, 91 seems to be fine.