Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 4 Sep 2007 19:36:10 -0700
From:         David Kao <dtkao0205@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Radio
Comments: To: samcvt@COMCAST.NET

I heard that 2 meter bands are extremely crowded. Wherever the population is higher the 2 meter bands are busier. Other than that 2 meter radios are more powerful and they are FM. It's a step up from CB radios. Not expensive and simple antenna for cars. To use it one needs to have a basic level license, technician class. Correct me if I am wrong. I got a technician class license and another level up. But still I found CB being easiest and handy although very small power.

Cheap used Radio Shack scanners are available on eBay. Those are actually very good for listening only. No license is required.

David

____________________________________________________________________________________Ready for the edge of your seat? Check out tonight's top picks on Yahoo! TV. http://tv.yahoo.com/