Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Sep 2007 13:52:13 +0000
From:         Jeff Stewart <fonman4277@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: VW HQ moving out of Michigan

<So sad... I am think I am one of the closest list members to the VW Headquarters!!! Just 5 miles due south of their main office>

And now I will be, as this is in my "neighborhood". For those transferring with VW, let me tell you what you have to look forward to. If you choose to live in Loudoun County, if you have kids they will most likely go to school in trailer classrooms, since our board of supervisors is funded by home builders they have allowed more homes to be built than the schools (and roads) can handle-but don't worry, your taxes will be going up and up and up to pay for the new schools (even if you don't have kids). Now is probably a good time to buy a house since property values have tanked. Annual car "safety" inspections, done by independent gas stations and garages who use it as a tool to sell you repairs you don't need, so be careful, every two years for emissions. Don't get caught speeding! Twenty miles or more over the speed limit and you get a 3 year payment plan fine, up to $3,000.00. This only applies if you live in Virginia, if you live in nearby West Virginia feel free to blow down the highway as fast as you like, you'll just get a one time fine. And the best part-TRAFFIC! As you first travel local roads like Rte. 50 and 66, you'll think there must be some horrible accident up ahead-no, it's just the regular traffic gridlock. And if you choose to live further out, don't think you will get up early to head to work to "beat the traffic", as rush hour starts around 4:30am and lasts all day until around 7:30-8:00pm. Want to head to the beach for the weekend? Leave on Thursday and come back Monday. All in all though, it's not a bad place to live, hell, I've lived here all my life, 49 years, though for the life of me I can't imagine why... Jeff