Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 6 Sep 2007 07:57:35 -0700
From:         Brendan Slevin <brendan@BELLATAZZA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Remembering the First Bus

Car and Driver has a small article about a son's mission to buy back the family station wagon. Seems we're all reminiscent about first cars, be it our own first car or the first car we remember. It wasn't a VW, but I remember traveling miles and miles kneeling between the front seats of our van and sleeping all bundled up in the "way back," too. The car I'd love to have back would be the 1961 Morris Minor my dad and I started restoring and never finished. I drove that car forver until it lost reverse. Then I chose my parking spots carefully and drove it some more. Then it lost first, then third, then I stopped driving it. I think my dad ended up selling it for $500 dollars. I think it's still in Bend. We have an inordinate number of odd cars here. Tons of Vanagons and Buses, about 8 different Morris Minors, a few old Minis. I wonder what it is about Bend that attracts the motoring oddities.

Brendan Slevin

84 GL Totoro (parts on the way!)

I have measured out my life with coffee spoons. -T.S. Eliot