Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:57:57 -0700
From:         Jeff Michal <jeffmichal@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fishing Rod Storage

I think I am going to try to build something, but thanks for all the ideas. I'll post some pictures when I get it done. I feel like this is one of those tasks I'll accomplish over the cold dark months of winter. Jeff 90 GL ----- Original Message ---- From: Jeff Michal <jeffmichal@YAHOO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2007 9:14:22 PM Subject: Fishing Rod Storage Hello everyone. I am wondering if anyone has come up with a good way to hang fishing rods between the passenger's side ceiling ac ducts in a 2.1 GL with ac. The duct comes down a good 5 inches and there are vents on both sides so I stuck 2 bungies in the vent holes. This works, but I think it is foolish because my vents might break or get yanked out. I dont want to put holes in the head liner with screws or anything, and I want a good sturdy solution that will keep my rods safe. One thing I have considered is building some heavy guage steel wire stringers to go along the roof profile that attach to the factory pegs for the blinds. Then I could attach a ceiling rod holder to that. Can anyone advise as to the sturdiness (or not) of those pegs or as to the wisdom of just screwing the rod holder to the head liner? Fishing rods are light, but I'd like room for 4 or 5 at least. Anyone tried anything like this? If you have other ideas or examples they would be much appreciated. Thanks, Jeff 90 GL ____________________________________________________________________________________ Got a little couch potato? Check out fun summer activities for kids. http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz ____________________________________________________________________________________ Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel. http://travel.yahoo.com/