Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:46:59 -0700
From:         Nunya Business <bulletheadx@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hi resolution pictures of Wasserboxer

Just going from memory from things he posted at the time that I took to mean he did the job with the heads on, tho I see your point.

"I think Iavoided other pitfalls of cylinder head removal.namely stud snappage and costs" doesn't necessarily mean he didn't pull them, but it might.

Hell, I dunno. I thought the whole thing was kind of nuts anyway. : )

Cya, Robert

On 9/7/07, neil N <musomuso@gmail.com> wrote: > > Not sure if he did NOT remove the heads, but I recall him posting > something about sandpaper, JB weld, used to fill pits in the heads. > > IYARC, (if you are remembering correctly) how would one do this with > head installed?? > > :) > > Neil. > > On 9/7/07, Nunya Business <bulletheadx@gmail.com> wrote: > > As I said 'IIRC'- I believe he dug out the gasket and crammed something > else > > in there while the heads were still on the engine. I don't recall his > > posting anything about it for a while now but at the time he said > whatever > > he did was holding. I don't remember what he used or how he did it, I > just > > remember feeling a kind of morbid awe about the whole thing. : ) > > > > Cya, > > Robert > > > > > > On 9/7/07, T.M. <tinkerman007@yahoo.com> wrote: > > > > > > On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 11:58:20 -0700, Nunya Business < > bulletheadx@GMAIL.COM> > > > wrote: > > > > > > >IIRC Roger Sisler has BTDT. You might want to talk to him about it. > > > > > > Hi Robert. What do you mean by BTDT? Go through the whole head gasket > > > replace scenario or just re-seal them externaly like I'm trying to see > if > > > possible? > > > > > > Cheers, > > > TM > > > > > > > > -- > Neil Nicholson. 1981 Air Cooled Westfalia - > "Jaco" (Bustorius) > > http://web.mac.com/tubaneil > > Please send fav Vanagon/Westfalia links to me at: > musomuso1963@hotmail.com >