Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2007, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 3 Sep 2007 07:29:19 -0700
From:         Chris Lisica <wavanagon@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: It's time to hit that idle Stabilizer on the head!!!
Comments: To: "T.M." <tinkerman007@yahoo.com>

For photo hosting, there are a ton of free online imagehosting choices.

http://imageshack.us/ is the most popular one, easy to use, follow the instructions

If you really want to document your adventure/journey, you can create a website for free using google pages <http://pages.google.com/-/about.html>. All you need is an email address (gmail account), and google lets you create a google page for free. The best part is, they host it. I'm interested to know what your findings reveal. good luck.

Now I can get back to my coffee waiting for my westfalia to be delivered.

Chris

On 9/3/07, T.M. <tinkerman007@yahoo.com> wrote: > > On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 02:00:52 -0400, Tinkerman007 <tinkerman007@YAHOO.COM> > wrote: > > >Then I also took many close-up pictures so I could later continue to > >analyze the circuit and even decode the circuit diagram... > > >This is only the beginning, because I can provide my photos to the list > >for a joint effort of reverse engineering project to get the schematic so > >we can easily repair these expensive units (remember, 350$...ouch!). > > Folks, when I say photos I mean REAL CLOSE-UP PHOTOS where you can zoom > down to the level of a thin track or read a miniature resistor's value, on > both sides of both boards...:-) at the convenience of your PC, not inside > the van at a dark night...and with the power of about 1000 list members, > surely there would be a few knowledgeable ones that could help too. > > But I really don't think we need to completely reverse engineer the > circuit - more like analyze it's outputs as well as some internal signals > during normal operation so we could quickly analyze if it's working OK, as > well as some of the external interface circuitry that can get damaged and > need replacement (such as that famous power transistor driving the ICV). > Anyone have a digital storage scope withing access?...:-) > Personally, I have a DVM and frequency counter, and maybe could use an > analog audio recorder as a crude signal analysis device by viewing the > waveform on my PC (BTDT...). > > But first, I need a place to put the files. Maybe on Gerry.vanagon.com? > > And like I said, I need to know first off if the ICV should buzz with > ignition ON but the motor NOT running (i.e. no ignition pulses coming in), > because then I could check the ISCU on my test bench with all the meters I > want, and not be limited to in-van testing. > Any takers? >

-- Chris 88 Vanagon GL 02 Golf GLS TDI (SOLD, looking for a Westy, now that I know what I really like to drive)